MODELING George Ribbon PROGRAM 3DS MAX
Today lesson will focus on how to make the St. George ribbon in the program «3Ds Max». It should immediately be noted that in this lesson will not be anything complicated, and the way in which we create our object can be used not only for the creation of the St. George's ribbon, but also much more. It is necessary to include savvy and a little imagination, and you can make a lot of interesting things in different variations. Well, here we go:
1) First of all, to start work on a ribbon, we need to create Plain, which in size and shape will resemble a little ribbon. All parameters are set as shown in the image;
2) Now we need to give our ribbon certain character, that is, apply the effect blows the wind that swayed our ribbon. To do this, you need to do in the program menu following the path «create - spacewarps - forces - wind». Wind direction you can choose whatever you like: from right to left or left to right;
3) Next, in the modifier tab, select «Cloth». But first be sure to select your Plaine;
4) set the parameters are the same as in the image. You can experiment and thus know what else there is a function in the program, and how they will look and what to say, if you apply them to your object being created. Believe me, so you will feel much more confident;
5) The next step that we need to do is to be, creating animation. That is, we need to add to a ribbon wind. To do this, click «cloth forces». Should open a new window, where the wind is a function we have is in the left column, and we will drag it to the right;
6) Now we have a bit of work with modifier «Cloth». Going into this feature, make sure the check mark in front was «self collisions». It should bend the ribbon to make it look more natural. But if it is excessively distort the effect of the function can be reduced;
7) Next, we need to consolidate our ribbon that she did not fall. We will assign it to a specific point in space. However, be aware that there is another option ribbon fastening. It can be attached to a particular object. To attach our object to a certain point you need to click on the value of «GROUP» and identify two extreme points which are closest to the wind and push the «make group», and then «drag». So we recorded our point in space and ribbon will not fall. The following image it should be even clearer. You can act as shown thereon;
8) The next step is to configure our wind to the ribbon look more realistic. To do this, click on the function that is responsible for the wind and set the intensity to a value of "ten," or on your own. Thus, the wind will blow evenly. Again, I stress that you need to experiment. The only way you can achieve truly great results in their work;
9) Next, use the settings as specified in the image;
10) ends with the creation of our St. George ribbon. To do this, use a real picture tape layer to diffuse our material. You can use the ready-made blank ribbons:
At the creation of our ribbon ends. Here is an approximate result, which was supposed to have received:
Using the technique, which is given in this tutorial, you can create various modifications George Ribbon. We hope this lesson has become useful to you and will come in handy in the future.
ANIMATION moving belts, 3DSMAX, modeling and animation, forum ...
Use the forum on tablets and phones become more convenient thanks Tapatalk
How to make a moving belt?
Topic in the "Common Questions", created by the user -, March 27, 2004 .
Page 1 of 2